Sold my first painting!


Today is an exciting day. Makes me feel like a real artist. I know it's not the correct sentiment. I was a real artist when I started to see oranges, greens, and browns in a red tomato. I was a real artist when I started to see patterns in a jar of honey, a dark dark grey in a bright yellow flower,  vague purple in the distant mountains, almost brilliant blues in a pink dress... I have to admit (although ashamedly) that validation is a very strong ego booster. And today, knowing that someone made a special spot in their living space to display my work and paid me hard cash - I can sense new pathways opening up in front me. I'm excited and encouraged, just a tiny bit sad to part with one of my absolute favorites.

I remember I was working on a landscape from a picture and was hoping to finish it on that Wednesday. Bob (our absolutely wonderful teacher. I promise to write more about him in a future post) set up this still life and I was immediately drawn to it. I promptly bought a 10X20 canvas to paint this beautiful assortment of healthful vegetables and tomato (fruit/vegatable?). The poor landscape still stays in its unfinished state.



Comments

  1. I am so glad you recognized your talent. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are showing up as unknown. Please reveal yourself. Thanks again for the encouragement

      Delete
  2. Your first attempt at blogging is as impressive as the first painting you had to part with.
    Look forward to many more such impressive works in the blog space as well as art world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shilpi, a really beautiful painting and a very heartfelt and descriptive writeup, truly deserved by the painting and the painter :) .I am eager to see your future creations. Probably one of those will be mine...some day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raki for the meaningful encouragement and appreciation!

      Delete
  5. Amazing..please paint more and definitely write more-Chhavi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts